2013/02/24

Reservoir - Bicycle Ride Split



01. Reservoir - Grown Apart
02. Reservoir - Over Under
03. Bicycle Ride - At The End Of The Day

I'm going to start with Reservoir saying that they're a midwest emo band that sounds nothing like most of the bands of the same genre that came out on the late '00s. They actually have a really strong American Football-ish vibe and it also doesn't sound like they're ripping off any emo band of that era. Basically, kind of the same goes with Bicycle Ride's only track on this split. I actually hadn't heard of Bicycle Ride before but I'm definitely going to check them out even if I prefer Reservoir’s side. Bicycle Ride's track is a lot more ambient and has a post-rock feel. Their vocals are kind of lethargic, I'm not saying this as a bad thing, and they fit well in the whole vibe that their track gives. Finally I'd like to say that I really enjoyed this split and I hope you do the same.

Reviewed by Thanos.

[ download ] [ buy ]

No comments:

Post a Comment