2013/01/16

Christopher Walking - Smooches



01. I Used Three On My Nazghoul
02. Gerald Has Exceptional Kneecaps
03. CYL
04. I Can't Do Archery, Get Over It
05. Citizen Snips (Fresh Beats)
06. Chris Finebeard

Sometimes I think I'm wasting my time staying up for hours every night searching the "emo" tag on Bandcamp but once in a while I'm massively rewarded by coming across a band like Christopher Walking (great name). These guys are a 3 piece from Philadelphia that play an infectious all-singing, all-screaming style of twinkly emo/indie/pop music that, over the course of the 6 tracks on this EP, marks them out as definite ones to watch in the scene. Not only is the music amazing, but the song-titles and lyrics are excellent also, case in point being the second track, 'Gerald Has Exceptional Kneecaps' with lyrical highlights such as "Now my shorts smell like cigarettes, from being around your dad too much, which sucks" and "and I pray to God you hear me, cus I won't come back here anymore" this song, like the whole EP, reminds me of Glocca Morra and Algernon Cadwallader, which if you like either of those bands should be enough to have you racing to their Bandcamp page, where you can download this amazing EP for the princely sum of... nothing, completely free! Enjoy!

Reviewed by Gary.

[ download ]

2 comments:

  1. yo, would it kill y'all to post a link to the relevant bandcamp page whenever you do a new post? lazy fucks like me would appreciate it. danke.

    ReplyDelete