2012/09/15

Innards - I've Lost Everything



01. Tight Eyes
02. Dboles
03. Ponzi Scheme
04. Teachers, Lawyers And Bicycle Shop Owners
05. Smear
06. Maple Bar
07. Large Milk
08. Coffee
09. Baby Carrots
10. Moonpie
11. Spaghetti
12. Cheeseburger In Heaven

Innards is a four-piece band from Fort Worth/Denton, Texas who formed in 2010. Innards play a great style of music that incorporates elements of hardcore, punk, and screamo within their sound. I've Lost Everything is the band's latest twelve song 10" and was released via Count Your Lucky Stars on September 6th, 2012. Musically, Innards play a volatile mixture of hardcore, punk, and screamo that draws from a variety of sources. At times, Innards borrow from modern screamo currently played by bands such as Todos Caeran, Beau Navire, and Loma Prieta. At other times, the band takes cues from early emotive screamo/hardcore bands such as 400 Years, Shotmaker, and Maxmillian Colby. Overall, Innards have crafted one insanely volatile 10" that's rounded out by hints of melody and a tense vibe. I'm kicking myself for not picking up this 10" when I ordered my copy of the Certain People I Know LP back in August. Enjoy!

Reviewed by Chris.

[ download ] [ buy ]

No comments:

Post a Comment