2012/11/28

Secret Plot To Destroy The Entire Universe - I Only Miss You When I Want To



01. Monocacy
02. 1991
03. Tri-Lateral Commission
04. Aimless
05. Mimosa Lane
06. Seven
07. Tips For Staying Sweet...
08. The Montauk Project
09. I Only Miss You When I Want To

Secret Plot To Destroy The Entire Universe is a four piece band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who formed in December of 2011. Secret Plot To Destroy The Entire Universe play a great style of music that incorporates elements of post-hardcore, punk, emo, and indie rock within their sound. I Only Miss You When I Want To is the band's latest 9 song LP which was recorded between February and November 2012. I Only Miss You When I Want To was released digitally on November 20th and is set for a phyiscal release via Kat Kat on 1/1/2013. Musically, Secret Plot To Destroy The Entire Universe have a lot going on musically and draw inspiration from a variety of sources. I pick up elements of post-hardcore bands such as The Casket Lottery, Texas Is The Reason, to more emo/punk leaning bands such as Snowing and Stay Ahead Of The Weather, to more classic punk bands such as Jawbreaker and Jets To Brazil. These amalgamation of sounds make for a phenomenal listen. I can't say enough about how good this album is. Highly recommended!

Reviewed by Chris.

[ download ] [ buy ]

No comments:

Post a Comment